Monday, October 4, 2010

My Experience With Web Writing

Web Writing has been something that I have grown up reading. I remember the days when my dad would read the newspaper every morning as we would have breakfast. I would ask him how he could read so many articles everyday and he would tell me it's the way he keeps up with what's going on in the world. By the time I reached an age where what happened around me had much more relevance to my life, I was reading articles from things such as yahoo.com and my cellphone. These articles are written for a different audience than the ones my father read, because they are more for scanning than ever before. A person reading an article for the web is probably not going to spend as much time on that article as one would if they were reading a newspaper. Also, it has become more important to provide alternative copies than ever before becasue people want to know what is being said in a faster and more time-friendly manner. Just as my dad grew up around newspaper writing being the main form of mass communication in society, I have grown up around web writing as the main form of mass communication. Web writing is important to understand becasue the writer wants to best get across to their reader that which they are writing about. Effectiveness to me is the most important thing becasue it opens up the subject for further discussion and interest. Much more can come out of something written if it leaves an impression on the reader, whatever the methods used may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment