Monday, October 18, 2010

Individual Web Site

I am starting to design my first web site for Writing for the Web and my first impression on my own is that it is much harder than I thought. It really isn't hard in the sense of making a page, becasue I feel that almost anyone can do that if they can just understand how to work the program. The hard thing about designing my own website is being able to be original, but also effective. I want my page to be unlike anyone elses
I have seen, but it's hard when those sites are my interpretation of an effective website. I find myself designing a lot of stuff on my page that I've seen before and while it looks good and works well, it isn't original. When I try to be original and coem up with something new it feel like it is almost being forced, and I feel it ends up actually taking away from the website more than it adds. It may be a problem with me and the fact that I don't tihnk I'm a very visually creative guy, but it's hard to think of better ways to explain or show your informatuion without using some of the methods that the best web sites use, becasue that is precisely why they are the best web sites. I'd like to try to do something that nonoe has done before andf be effective at it, like a navigation toolbar in the center of the page or something, but at the same time that doesn't seem practical. I'm still working on finding that medium that will make me happy with my personal web project, catches people's eyes, but still is very useful to both me and anyone needing information about me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I think you can still be original and creative while modeling certain aspects of other websites. You don't have to take every aspect of every website you see. I have taken small parts from various websites to help build my own website.

    ReplyDelete