Thursday, December 9, 2010

The End of the Semester...But Not the End

This will be my last blog entry of my second to last semester in college before I receive my undergraduate degree, but I seriously doubt it will be my last. This was my first experience keeping a blog and I can now see the potential and benefits of writing a blog. I feel that it is the same as a diary or journal that people are choosing to share with the people they want to eventually read it, whether that it a particular group of people or the general public. It is a cool tool for social networking in the age of technology that we've entered and I feel I may continue mine in the form of a sports or entertainment blog so that people can keep up with it for the views I take on certain issues. I had a good experience with this  blog by using it as a classroom journal where I reflected on certain topics we discussed in my Writing for the Professions Class. I would not be surprised if more teachers require this kind of communication so that they are teaching the medium as well as seeing if the students are keeping up in class and seeing their opinions that they didn't get to hear in class. Also, the rest of the class can keep up with each others blogs and get help from each others responses to the readings or topics discussed. All together I think the blog will be around for decades to come. Hope everyone has a great holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I agree that blogs are like a journal or diary. The concept is interesting to think about, actually, and I wonder if "blogging" will evolve in any way, or if it will keep the same concept. Take FB for instance. FB has evolved incredibly and continues to evolve almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really enjoy blogging, and find that it's an effective way to document my writing/designing experiences. I also enjoy reading other people's blogs - especially in this class. It gave me a lot of insight into some of our assignments and reminded me of a lot of writing and web design basics.

    ReplyDelete